The Daleks were created by Terry Nation and are copyright © 1963/2005 the British Broadcasting Corporation/Terry Nation.
The Doctor Who and Dalek word marks and device marks are trade marks of the British Broadcasting Corporation and the estate of Terry Nation.
The Dalek Owners Club is a fan club exclusively for owners of home-built replica Dalek props and is not endorsed or associated, in any way, with the BBC or the estate of Terry Nation.
The Dalek Owners Club does not:
Make a profit from public appearances, events or any of the functions it may attend.
Sell Daleks or Dalek parts or make money from unlicensed Doctor Who or Dalek items.
Allow hosting venues to profit from our presence. We insist that any monies attained through our presence from (for example) increased attendance is donated to charity.
Use images which are the property of the British Broadcasting Corporation or the estate of Terry Nation.
Allow the operation of unauthorised Daleks within the Club. Specifically Daleks which have been sold under licence with the proviso that they should not be manned or otherwise operated, or appear in public.
Terms & Conditions of Membership
- "The Club" shall mean The Dalek Owners Club.
- "The Members" shall mean the members of the Club
- "Club Membership" shall mean the membership afforded to Club Members upon acceptance of their application.
"The Club Daleks" shall mean the pool of Daleks owned and/or operated by the Club.
1. THE MEMBER AGREES:
Not to pose as a servant or agent of the Club or Company unless they are appointed to do so by The Club Administrators.
To be responsible for any and all costs connected with the transport display and operation of their Dalek(s).
To maintain friendly relations and good conduct with all other Club members, hosts, the public and anyone else they meet, at all times whilst representing The Club, in any capacity.
1. This Agreement shall commence on the date of acceptance of a members' application by us and shall continue thereafter unless terminated: a. At any time by us giving notice to you. b. By you at any time by giving us 28 days notice.
2. The Club accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any property during transit to and from events or during an event itself.
3.Daleks must not be used:
a. If they are owned under a manufacturer's condition that they shall not be displayed or operated in public. b. If there is no provision for Public Liability Insurance, by either the venue or the Club Member. c. By any person who is not a Member of the Club (without prior agreement of the Club administrators). d. By anyone under the age of 18 years. e. By any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. f. In the event of mechanical, electrical or structural failure or damage, which could be a threat to safety. g. For hire or reward or knowingly for any unlawful purpose.
4. The Club accepts no responsibility for any offences committed by the Member whilst attending or travelling to/from Club or third party events.
5. The Club Member agrees to abide by such rules, regulations and byelaws as shall be established by The Club from time to time.
6. The Club Member agrees not to sell or distribute documentation or information gained from this site, or to host or distribute documents and / or downloads (which originate from The Dalek Owners Club or its associated web sites and publications) via any other web space or media including, but not limited to, distribution by web site, email, torrent and postal services.
7. The Club Member agrees not to sell links to this site or links to the documentation held herein.
8. The Club Member agrees not to use The Dalek Owners Club as a vehicle for trading in items, parts, materials or media to which they do not hold a copyright or a legitimate license
It is the Club Members' responsibility to ensure that they and their Daleks are appropriately insured, both for transportation and display/operation purposes. Public liability insurance is often given by venue hosts, but this should not be assumed. Members must check and if no blanket cover is available, they must make their own arrangements for cover. All Club Members must verify that they are covered for public liability at all events they attend. Failure to do so will invalidate their Club membership.
4. SUSPENSION AND DETERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Without prejudice to any other claims, remedies or rights which The Club may have against the Member, The Club reserves the right to suspend a Member's Membership in cases of breach by the Member of this agreement or any Club rules in force at the time or in any other circumstances deemed justifiable and reasonable by the Administrators. Similarly, The Club reserves the right to terminate a Member's Membership of The Club where the Member commits a breach of the terms of membership.
5. THE TERMS AGREEMENT
The Club Member agrees that the Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement between us which supersedes all understandings or prior agreements oral or written, and all representations or other communications between us relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
This agreement shall at all times be governed and construed in accordance with English Law.
The Web Site:
Please remember that we are not responsible for any information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information. All quotes express the views of the author, not necessarily the views of the Club. Anyone who feels that any of our web content is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. Details of individual members are presented for reference purposes only and are not endorsed by The Dalek Owners Club. You are responsible for your own safety. The Dalek Owners Club accepts no liability for loss, damage or injury incurred through the use of this site or associated web sites, bulletin boards or through the attendance of events where The Dalek Owners Club are in attendance.